Haliburton School of The Arts: Weekend and 5-day courses offered by Sir Sandford Fleming College.
Haliburton Forest & Wildlife Reserve: The world’s largest managed forest is just 30 minutes away.
• Go for A Walk in the Clouds (canopy board walk), visit the Wolf Center, or go hiking, mountain biking, fishing, and more.
• Not all Haliburton Forest activities are open year-round.
Local artists/artisans: Haliburton County is home to dozens of amazing artists and artisans, with studio tours and events all year. The Haliburton County Tourism website has an extensive Arts section.
Sir Sam’s Ski & Bike: 12 downhill ski & snowboard runs in the winter, and now hiking, BMX and mountain biking in the summer!
• Haliburton Highlands Golf (9 holes; incredible scenic lookout) – 705-457-2233
• Beaverbrook – 705-286-1378
• Blairhampton – 705-286-1315
• Pinestone (4 minutes down the road) – 705-457-3444
• Lakeside – 705-754-2110
ATV: 2 minutes from trails; rentals available locally. Visit the Haliburton ATV Association for more information.
Beaches: Three public beaches within 10 minutes.
Boating: Rentals available at local marinas.
Stanhope Museum & Historic Log Chute.
Theatre: Highlands Summer Festival in Haliburton Village
Paintball: Screaming Eagle Paintball is about 10 minutes away in Eagle Lake.
Snowmobiling: Trails 2 minutes away, rentals are available locally. View a map of snowmobile trails near the Lakeview.
Dog Sledding: Winterdance Dog Sled Tours is just a short drive away.